Sunday, August 26, 2012

Elizabeth to Galena-August 12th, 2012

A few weekends ago, Agatha and I took a trip out to her family home in Jo Daviess County for another ride in my favorite place. We had great ambition going into this trip, with the aim to ride a 100+ mi/10,000 ft of climbing route. We did NOT do that.  Uh.. Let's blame it on the weather? It was a bit overcast and the clouds spat rain throughout the day, but we made the most of it and did a 50 some odd mile loop to Galena and back. I will not bother you with too many words about the trip. The roads are empty, the hills and grueling, the gravel is loose, and it is the perfect place to ride bikes. I love it so much. We are probably going back again this weekend. Why not?


Crumbling limestone towers at the Mississippi Palisades.  Don't try to climb it without a rope as there are wasps nests in the pockets.  Don't ask how I know that. 


Beautiful winding gravel hills.


This hill was so steep and loose my back tire spun out and I had to walk it.  700x35 does not cut it out there in some spots.


I am cool and good looking.


So awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment